Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dor

I'm finding that in Bollywood its pretty rare to see a movie that doesn't rely on a male character to tell the story.

I'm happy to report that Dor is the exception.

Dor is a beautiful movie about a friendship between two women, with a powerful message of forgiveness. I warmed to both actresses instantly, and the final scene moved me to tears.I don't want to say too much and give any of the movie away, but its definately a gem. I recommend it to anyone!


I already knew a bit about how widows can be treated in India and Pakistan. My stepmother's sister was recently widowed and lives in Pakistan. She's very young and going through a very difficult time...I've never met her but she's always in my prayers. Knowing the reality she faces and watching the scenes with Ayesia Takia, I kept thinking how heartbreaking this must be for any woman already grieving her love.


On a lighter note,does Ayesia Takia slap someone in all of her films? Because this is the second one I've seen with her in it, and she's hit someone both times. Granted, they may have deserved it(Akshaye Khanna, I'm looking at you), but watch out, Bollywood!

Text (c) 2007 Nida Nazir Bitten By Bollywood

3 comments:

Sanket Vyas February 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

This along with 'Water' were my favorite 2 Bollywood movies of 2007. Shreyas Talpade held his own with the 2 outstanding female leads in this gem of a film. Every person I recommend this movie to just calls me up to say thanks and it is a wonderful intro to Bollywood for those that have never seen an Indian movie before.

The director (Nagesh Kukunoor) put himself in the movie as the creepy tenant and his first movie 'Iqbal' was amazing as well - it also starred Shreyas Talpade.

hans February 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

Agreed, a great movie and such a relief it isn't about a gang of cool machos bonding!

Anonymous,  December 12, 2011 at 2:47 AM  

cheap goose jackets sale online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
goose trillium parka jackets womens online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada goose freestyle vest online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Goose Chilliwack Bomber online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Mens Citadel Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Expedition Parka sale online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Mens goose snow mantra parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Yorkville Parka sale online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Chilliwack Parka jackets online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Expedition Parka Jackets online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Kensington Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
Canada Goose Womens Montebello Parka online sale Denmark Canada, UK,
womens Goose Solaris Parka Jackets online sale Denmark Canada, UK.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP